Plus-Size Embroidery Dresses
Now that Labor Day is over, it’s back to the grind. But first, I have to show you this dress!
The day I wore this dress, a lady stopped me and told me that she had a dress very similar to this in the sixties. She seemed genuinely thrilled to see one again. I had no idea.
The first one that I saw was on a blog and was offered at H&M, which sort of made me sad because H&M carries a VERY small amount of plus-size clothing. Sometimes, I stop by our local H&M to see what they have on sale. I can’t even find a plus-size section in our store.
After seeing this blog though, I knew I needed a dress like that in my closet, so I kept watching. When this one came out, it sold out quickly. It has taken me the whole summer to finally get one.
It was so worth it!
I simply love this dress. Yes, the straps kept falling down on the slip dress underneath, but it didn’t matter, I felt like fresh spring flowers wearing this dress. It also definitely makes a statement. A few weeks later and I still had ladies asking where I got this dress.
I bought this one from BooHoo.
It looks like this trend may stick around a bit. Lots of fall/winter offerings with embroidery. Yay!
Here are a few other dresses still available:
- BooHoo – this one is white with a cherry pattern
- BooHoo – this one is a floral more like the one I’m wearing
- Elvi – sold out in most sizes
- ASOS Curve – this one is a maxi
- BooHoo – this is the cherry pattern in black
- Deb’s Shop
- ECI New York
- Elvi – larger print (be mindful of the EK sizing)
- Style We – with a rose pattern
- ASOS Curve – midi floral with a pink slip dress underneath
Until next time, happy shopping!